Mi Note 2
The leading smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi launched its latest flagship smartphone on Tuesday, the Mi Note 2, at its ‘Curved to Impress’ event in the national capital of China. The smartphone’s highlight is that the use of both fronts & back 3D curved glass, that additionally provides the Mi Note 2 a dual-edge curved display just like the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, although maybe not as extreme in scope. The company is calling it a two-sided curved style.
The Xiaomi Mi Note 2
The Android 6.0 Marshmallow-based Xiaomi Mi Note 2 sports a 5.7-inch full-HD Oled flexible display with a 77.2 % screen-to-body ratio & an 110 % NSTC gamut. The Mi Note two is supercharged by a 2.35GHz quad-core Snapdragon 821 Performance Edition SoC. It bears a 4070mAh battery & Quick Charge 3.0. It carries a fingerprint detector on the home button.
The dual-SIM (Nano+Nano) Mi Note 2 carries a 22.56-Mp rear camera with a Sony IMX318 Exmor RS sensor, a f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, & EIS with its own 3-axis gyro for 4K video stabilization. On the front, it bears an 8-megapixel Sony IMX268 Exmor RS sensor, & a f/2.0 aperture, apart from some default selfie feature & auto Beautify 3.0.
The company is touting LTE speeds up to 6000Mb/s on the downlink, with 3x carrier aggregation. The Mi Note 2 additionally offers NFC tag, with support for Mi-Pay, excluding Bluetooth v4.2, GPS/-AGPS, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, & USB Type-C. Additionally on board is that the Aquatic audio processor, with 192kHz/24-bit Hi-Fi sound quality.
- Two-sided dual curves: Front + back 3D curved glass, 7-series aluminum frame
- 5.7” OLED flexible display, 77.2” screen-to-body ratio
- Snapdragon 821 max 2.35GHz, 10% faster start-up for large apps
- Up to 6GB LPDDR4 RAM + 128GB UFS 2.0 ROM
- 22.56MP high-resolution camera, EIS hardware-level 4K video stabilization
- 8MP front camera with autofocus, Beautify 3.0
- Global LTE bands: 6 types, 37 bands
- 4070mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
- Full NFC functionality: Read, write, card emulation, P2P
- HD audio quality, 192kHz / 24-bit resolution with lossless support
- GPS high-precision positioning
- 4GB + 64GB: RMB 2799 (Approx. USD 413)
- 6GB + 128GB : RMB 3299 (Approx. USD 487)
- 6GB + 128GB Global : RMB 3499 (Approx. USD 516