Xiaomi launched its newest flagship smartphone the Mi 6 recently at a special event in Beijing China.The Xiaomi Mi 6 is powered by Qualcomm’s latest chip – the Snapdragon 835. The 10nm processor is 25 percent better & 35 percent smaller than its predecessor. Xiaomi promises the Mi 6 has an AnTuTu score of 184,292.
Additionally, the Xiaomi Mi 6 features a 3,350 mAh battery which the company claims can easily last a day. The newest version of MIUI additionally comes with certain battery-saving tricks -freezes running apps in the background, restricts applications from starting up & so on.
The display features 4096 levels of backlight adjustment & has a brightness of 600 units. To be able to ease eye strain through the night, the brightness of the display goes all the way down to 1 unit.
While the smartphone doesn’t feature a bezel-less design, the smartphone in encased in four-sided curved 3D glass. Through the launching event, Xiaomi emphasized upon the truth that the Mi 6 is precisely crafted just like a high-end watch.
The Mi 6 features a 5.15-inch 1080p screen with seamlessly integrated dual cameras at the rear. The Mi 6 Using a dual camera set up at the rear – a 12MP wide-angle detector with 4-axis optical image stabilization plus a 12MP telephoto lens, the Xiaomi Mi 6 comes on the imaging front. 2X optical lossless zoom which works along with the 10X digital zoom is allowed for by the telephoto lens.
The Xiaomi Mi 6 is splash resistant with all openings, including the SIM tray shielded & sealed from splashes of water. There is also a ceramic body variant of the Mi 6 which comes with a four-sided curved ceramic body. It is extremely resistant to wear & tear and has a hardness amount of 8 Mohs.
What will disappoint some is the very fact that Xiaomi has followed in the footsteps of the iPhone 7 & removed the headphone jack. Audio is routed via the USB Type-C interface which is, also, useful for charging & data transfer. On the connectivity front, 4G networks are supported by the Xiaomi Mi 6 with up to 600Mbps download & 100Mbps upload speeds. The Mi 6 also comes on board with NFC & is compatible with the Mi-Pay mobile payment service of Xiaomi.
Price & availability
The Xiaomi Mi 6 comes in two versions – one with 6GB of RAM & 64GB of internal storage for CNY 2,499 (about Rs 23,500) & a higher-end variant with 6GB of RAM & 128GB of internal storage for CNY 2,899 (approximately Rs 27,000).
The Mi 6 Ceramic variant, which comes with 6GB of RAM & 128GB of internal storage continues to be priced at CNY 2,999 (Roughly Rs 28,000).
● Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with 10nm process technology (Octa-core, max 2.45GHz)
● All-new Kryo 280 microarchitecture, Adreno 540 GPU
● 184292 AnTuTu score
● Dual camera, optical zoom:
– 12MP wide angle with 4-axis OIS stabilization + 12MP telephoto
– Exceptional portrait photography with background blur
– Beautify, for natural selfie enhancements
● 5.15” display with reduced glare, precise 0.15-nit adjustments (total 4096 brightness levels)
● Four-sided 3D curved glass body, high-gloss stainless steel frame
● 145.17 x 70.49 x 7.45mm
● 6GB LPDDR4x RAM + 64GB or 128GB storage
● 3350mAh high-capacity battery, full-day usage
● Stereo speakers, immersive video and gaming experience
● Under-glass front fingerprint sensor
● Splash-resistant, USB Type-C charging
● Available in Black, White, Blue and Silver, and Ceramic with 18-karat gold camera rims